The Eastern Association of College and University Business Officers (“EACUBO,” “we,” “our,” “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of our members and website visitors. We want you to understand how we collect and use information from our website so you can interact with us with confidence.
Information We Collect
When you use our Site, we may collect and use personally identifiable information about you, as well as other information. “Personally identifiable information” includes your name, address, email address, and other similar information that can be used to identify you. We also may collect usage information, which is information generated automatically as you navigate through our Site. More specifically, when you use our Site, we may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on our Site, including your name, email address, street address, telephone number, or other information.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason, including information you provide in emails you send us.
How We Use Tracking Technologies
A “cookie” is a small computer file that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Keep in mind, however, that some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
A pixel tag is a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on websites, or when emails are opened or accessed, and is often used in combination with cookies.
“Do Not Track” Requests
Our Site currently does not respond to “do not track” or similar signals.
Use of Your Information
We use the information we collect from you primarily to enable us to provide our services to you in the best possible manner. In addition, your information may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you, including via your email address, with information relating to our services;
- To deliver interest-based content and advertising to you that is targeted to the interests we identify through your online activities; and
- To administer our Site, including by monitoring and analyzing our Site traffic and usage patterns.
We use commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site. These procedures include, but are not limited to, firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection, and Site monitoring. We also limit access to any personally identifiable information we receive to employees who need access to that information in order to do their jobs. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your transmission of your data to our Site thus is done entirely at your own risk.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information as follows:
We may share your personal information with trusted third parties (including advertising networks) or our affiliates to:
- Assist us in providing our services to you, including by acting on our behalf to send postal mail and email, remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, process credit card payments, and provide customer assistance;
- Compile statistics and reports regarding our audience and the users of our Sites and services; and
- Deliver interest-based advertising to you targeted to the interests identified through your online activities.
Such third parties have access to personal information as needed to perform their functions, but they are not allowed to use it for other purposes. We do not sell or rent personal information collected through our Site to anyone.
When you provide us with personal information we also may use and share your personal information to contact you, including via email, to thank you for providing your request, to conduct satisfaction surveys, or for other administrative purposes related to your request.
Other Circumstances: We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process (such as a subpoena), or enforceable government request;
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations of such Terms, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; and
- protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of EACUBO, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Third Party Websites and Social Media Features
Our Site may contain links to other sites, including those of third parties or business partners. While we seek to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices other websites use. By accessing other third party websites or applications through our Site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. It is possible that other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you use Our Site.
International Visitors and the Privacy Shield
Our Site is hosted and operated in the United States (“US”). By using the Site, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US. If you are accessing our Site from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
Review and Correction of Your Information
California Privacy Rights
California law allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share any California consumer personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without consent.
California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices may contact us using the contact information set forth below.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Site is designed and intended for those who are at least 18 years old. By using our Site, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age. No one under age 13 is authorized to submit any information, including personally identifying information, on our Site. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our Site. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.
Nyka Feldman, Association Director
Eastern Association for College and University Business Officers
1110 Vermont Avenue, NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20005